Assistant Store Manager - Neal St
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Salary: Competitive depending on experience + Product Allowance + Bonuses
Location: Neal St
Astrid & Miyu is a young London based contemporary British jewellery brand, which embraces class and edge.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve quickly gained cult status among fashion editors, influential bloggers and celebrities. Our pieces are featured in top UK publications such as Grazia, Vogue, Stylist, Marie Claire and Elle. Celebrities such as Georgia May Jagger, Pippa Middleton, Rochelle Humes, Zara Martin and Katie Piper have been spotted wearing our pieces. Digital influencers such as Lydia Millen, Hello October, In the Frow, EJ Style are all fans of the brand.
We are a growing brand with many exciting initiatives coming up in the near future. Since our Piercing Studio launched with amazing success, we are in need of more colleagues to join our retail team.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
You will be working as an Assistant Store Manager at our Neal St store. Due to the exciting and fast-paced nature of Retail at Astrid and Miyu, a flexible and dynamic approach is the key to success, however the main responsibilities are as follows:
Commerciality and Business Focus
- Maximise store profitability and meet sales targets
- Confidently evaluate all commercial information and generate ideas to improve performance
- Implement and drive store and company initiatives
- Effectively monitor all controllable costs in line with company expectations
- Compile monthly & weekly reports and communicate relevant information in a timely manner
- Ensure your team are fully aware of targets and overall performance of the concession
- Keep up to date with company promotions and business focuses
- Recruit and retain talented individuals to join your team
- Train your team to the highest standard and engage them in company initiatives, including team meetings and on-the-job learning
- Provide strong leadership, acting as a role model and brand ambassador
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities appropriately
- Manage your team’s personal development and encourage them to take ownership of their career progression
Customer Service and Product
- Deliver outstanding service and motivate and inspire your team to create a memorable customer journey
- Handle all customer queries effectively and efficiently, including sales, returns and complaints
- Continuously improve and update your own and the team’s knowledge of products and services, using this to engage with customers, giving advice and guidance
- Establish a personal connection with new and existing customers, in order to build a loyal customer base
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to your team to maintain excellent service levels
- Manage staffing in your store, ensuring appropriate coverage at all times and that holidays are taken in line with business needs
- Practice effective stock control and accurate pricing of stock
- Attend management and team meetings as necessary
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, creating a safe working and customer environment
- Liaise with Head Office teams and Centre Management, demonstrating clear and proactive communication
- Maintain organised back of house areas and appropriate record keeping
- Responsible for accurate recording of cash and takings
- Collaborate in the running of our piercing studio alongside the Piercing Manager
- Maintain impeccable housekeeping and visual standards of the concession
- Responsible for security within the concession and compliance with centre policies
- Receive and process deliveries in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring any stock discrepancies are addressed and corrected
- Occasionally supporting the head office team, other stores and popups
- Monitor operational efficiencies within the team to maximise productivity
- Work to agreed timescales and meet deadlines
We are looking for someone who is:
- Customer focused with excellent people skills.
- Enthusiastic and hard working.
- Passionate about the Astrid & Miyu brand.
- A collaborative team player.
- Proficient with technology and strong numeracy skills.
- An excellent communicator across all mediums.
- Exceptionally organised, possessing attention to detail and the ability to successfully multi-task.
- Highly resourceful and able to work autonomously.
- A confident leader who inspires and motivates others to do their best.
- Commercially aware and able to contribute ideas.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Previous retail experience advantageous.
- Responsible and punctual.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Caring and supportive.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve results.
- Send your CV to email@example.com along with a cover letter in the body of the email.
Please indicate in subject of email ‘Assistant Store Manager"
- Short listed candidates will be contacted within a week of application for interviews.
- Must be able to commute to our London stores
- Weekday and weekend work required
- Salary: Competitive depending on experience + product allowance