Buying Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Buying Administrative Assistant
Location: Head Office
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
About this role
We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Buying Admin Assistant to join our Buying and Product Development team and support Astrid & Miyu’s rapid growth as we revolutionise the jewellery experience.
Position purpose and expectations:
Reporting to the Buying Production Associate, the Buying Administrative Assistant will support the buying department across all channels of administration. The BAA will support the Buying team by applying their analytical skills and organisational scope to all tasks as required.
- Provide administrative support to the buying team
- Generate PO’s
- Assist with Monday Trade meeting preparation
- Sample management; working with our team to track samples for Brand, Marketing and Customer service teams
- Sample specification catalogue maintenance
- Presentations and picture packs; preparing these for monthly communication to all teams
- Liaise with the warehouse regarding all deliveries and any discrepancies
- Responsible for sending out courier packages
- Conduct regular competitive shop analysis to develop your knowledge and report findings back to team
- Action any price or product code changes
- Ensure punctuality and accuracy of all trackers and templates
- Submit reports in a timely manner to meet required deadlines
**Other duties and special projects within skill and competency level as required
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Astrid and Miyu brand and what we represent
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative and positive
- Coachable in all aspects, flexible and proactive in style
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career within Buying
- Experience in a retail environment
- A love for jewellery and interest in the wider market
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – in particular Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Strong commercial awareness
- Product allowance
- Summer hours
- Flexi hours
- Loyalty perks (for long service)
- Send your CV, portfolio & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along a cover letter and a response to the below questions.
- Please indicate in subject of email ‘Buying Administrative Assistant – [your name]’.
- Please answer the following questions and submit these as part of your application:
- Why Astrid and Miyu?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What motivates you in your day to day?
- List three brands you're loving at the moment and why?
- How would your colleagues describe you in three words?