Financial Control & Reporting Manager
Job Title: Financial Control & Reporting Manager
Location: Head Office
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000, depending on experience
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
We are looking for a Financial Control and Reporting Manager to join our Finance team, reporting directly to Head of Finance.
The Financial Control and Reporting Manager will support the rapid growth of the brand by cultivating a strong and robust control environment; will optimise company performance by supporting budget holders whilst ensuring accountability; will compile and communicate high quality financial information to enable decision makers to move quickly; will collaborate and build strong relationships with members of the team at all levels of the business to ensure that all information delivered is correct and useful.
- Establish and implement robust policies and procedures to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and in line with the relevant accounting standards
- Ensure all transactions recorded within the finance team are compliant with the internal policies and procedures
- Drive for innovation: Find solutions to enable all budget holders access to the information they need, when they need it
- Take the lead on creating systems and processes to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Work closely with all budget holders to ensure support with adherence to budget and expenditure policies
**Other duties and special projects within skill and competency level as required
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of P&L and balance sheet
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy – reports to include P&L by department, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Compare results to budget with all budget holders, challenging variances
- Present high-quality financial results, non-financial KPIs and performance vs budget / forecast to the leadership team
- Assist the Head of Finance with presenting reports to the board
- Identify and develop appropriate and timely analysis to deliver further insight to budget holders, enabling them to manage their areas profitably
Statutory & Corporate:
- Provide financial results to investors
- Prepare schedules for statutory financial statements
- Support the Head of Finance with the external audit process
- Review quarterly VAT reports; manage international VAT reporting
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements – Companies House, HMRC etc
- Ensure our wonderful team are paid correctly and on time
- Review full time and part time payroll schedules prepared by external party
- Support the People & Culture team with ad-hoc payroll queries
- Manage and develop a team of 2 direct reports
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Astrid and Miyu brand and what we represent
- Qualified ACA / ICAEW / ICAS / ACCA with audit / accountancy practice experience
- 1 year + PQE in a similar role in the retail / e-commerce sector OR Newly qualified candidates with audit experience in retail / e-comm
- Working FRS 102 knowledge
- Strong excel skills essential
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative and positive
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
- Product allowance
- Summer hours
- Flexi hours
- Loyalty perks (for long service)
- Send your CV to email@example.com along with a cover letter.
- Please indicate in subject of email ‘Financial Control and Reporting Manager– [your name]’.