Head of Merchandising (18 Month Contract)
Job Title: Head of Merchandising (18 Month Contract)
Location: Head Office, London
“We are more than just a jewellery brand, we are a movement on a mission to revolutionise the jewellery experience.”
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality, and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We revolutionise through experience, innovation, empowerment, and integrity. We’re a playground for jewellery lovers and are continuously innovating with sustainability at our core as we continue to grow.
We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Head of Merchandising to strategically support the Product & Operations in becoming a global Cult Brand, driving category sales growth. You will work cross functionally across all areas of the business including retail, VM, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Customer Service. You’ll be managing and supporting a team of five to help them grow and be part of their development in the business as well as working closely with our Director of Product & Operations and Senior Product Manager to develop seasonal strategies to drive sales growth.
- Total level WSSI Planning (total sales, MD spend, Promo activities, IMU%, MMU%) at year level and weekly phasing
- Overseeing sub category budgets and in season forecasting
- Reviewing terminal stock- highlighting risk and opportunity to the business
- Setting ASP, UPT and ABV targets inline with product strategy and overall business plans
- Review marketing plans with marketing team to provide input and feedback. Support includes driving the influencer teams buys in order to maximise sales
- Signing off buys and store grading
- Approving all markdown at a total and line level
- Reviewing promotional activities in the year and proposing ideas to improve trade based on data and competitors
- Reviewing trade weekly in order to maximise commercial opportunities and leading Monday trade calls
- Overseeing allocations to stores and concessions
- Manage the DC for the warehouse to plan staffing level and packaging reorders
- Manage our Head office Services support (piercings, welding and Tattoo)
- Manage and develop a team of 5 and growing
- 7+ years’ experience in Merchandising in jewellery, fashion or lifestyle industry with a strong focus on sustainability
- Strong understanding of market trends and forecasting skills
- Expert level Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise discretion
- Strong communication skills
Who you are
- You are our values and brand ambassador, high on emotional intelligence with a naturally humble approach
- An excellent communicator you effortlessly inspire and coach others to find and be their best self
- Positive team player with strong stakeholder management stills
- Highly analytical individual with excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Product allowance
- Flexi & hybrid working
- Extra holidays etc...
We have lots of wonderful perks but we really believe the best part about working for us is being surrounded by amazing people that share our passion for our mission and values, and having the freedom to be fully empowered to flourish and be your best self.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in subject of email ‘Head of Merchandising – [your name]’.