Junior Finance Associate
Job Title: Junior Finance Associate
Location: Head Office
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000, depending on experience
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
We are looking for a Junior Finance Associate to join our finance team, reporting to the Financial Control & Reporting Manager.
As Junior Finance Associate, you will ensure that all information collected by the finance team is recorded in line with our internal policies and procedures, and that it is complete, accurate and timely.
- Work closely with our wholesale team
- Raise and record sales invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure sales invoices are paid within payment terms, working to pre-agreed targets
- Reconcile cash receipts
- Maintain the customer contract register
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the goods and services purchased by the company
- Manage the finance inbox
- Record bills received from our suppliers on our accounting system
- Work closely with retail and head office teams to ensure expenditure is recorded accurately
- Flag transactions to be categorised as capital expenditure, or to be prepaid
- Assist with the preparation of payment runs to ensure suppliers are paid within their payment terms
- Maintain various registers, including the manual refund register and supplier contract register
- Process staff expense claims
- Prepare credit card reports and reconciliations
- Accurate recording of bank and cash transactions outside of purchase and sales ledger
- Scanning and filing of any paper documentation received
**Other duties and special projects within skill and competency level as requiredRequirements
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Astrid and Miyu brand and what we represent
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a finance role
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career within Finance; study support will be provided
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative and positive
- Coachable in all aspects, flexible and proactive in style
- Good IT and numerical skills
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – in particular Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Product allowance
- Summer hours
- Flexi hours
- Loyalty perks (for long service)
- Send your CV, portfolio & cover letter to email@example.com, along with the names of three brands you think are producing strong graphics at the moment.
Please indicate in subject of email ‘Junior Finance Associate – [your name]’.