Retail Operations Manager
Job Title: Retail Operations Manager
Location: London head office with some UK travel
Astrid & Miyu is a young London based contemporary British jewellery brand, which embraces class and edge.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve quickly gained cult status among fashion editors, influential bloggers and celebrities. Our pieces are featured in top UK publications such as Grazia, Vogue, Stylist, Marie Claire and Elle. Celebrities such as Georgia May Jagger, Pippa Middleton, Rochelle Humes, Zara Martin and Katie Piper have been spotted wearing our pieces. Digital influencers such as Lydia Millen, Hello October, In the Frow, EJ Style are all fans of the brand.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
Ensure ongoing store operations are best in class; ensure critical path is managed with highest standard with sense of urgency for new store openings; collaborate and build strong relationships with operations and retail teams to bring best retail experience on the high street.
- Positively challenge existing ways of working, processes, policies and procedures to ensure the most effective and efficient retail store operations.
- Periodically conduct a comprehensive evaluation of our existing processes with Head of Finance and put in place plans for improvement and enhancement.
- Manage timeline, communication and roll-out of new processes.
- Engage and influence stakeholders across the business to ensure that new projects and initiatives are delivered on time and within budget.
New store set-up
- Manage critical path for new store opening and manage communication with relevant teams, with the support of CEO and Head of Retail, to ensure timely execution and collaboration across all departments.
- Set up facilities in new stores, creating a ‘store pack’ to hand over to Store Managers.
- Liaise and build strong communication channel with merchandising team for store allocation.
- Apply for and follow up on relevant licenses.
- Set up relevant insurance with finance team.
- Collaborate with brand design team on store fit out for best in class customer experience and optimal operational flow.
Ensure health and safety policy is in place and up to date.
Ongoing store maintenence
- Ensure all facilities are in working order at all times by solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Feed-back any issues to relevant senior management.
- Collaborate with Design team and manage critical path in existing store refurbishment projects.
- Ensure all licenses and policies are up to date in collaboration with store managers.
Store stock management
- Perfect and implement store stock take policy and system in retail to reduce discrepancy to below 2% across all SKUs.
- Support store managers in stock take.
- Act as second pair of eyes for merchandising team, reviewing allocation sheet and checking stock numbers.
- Monthly facilities checklist
- Bi-annual health and safety checklist
- New store project budget – work with Finance & Design teams
- Quarterly stock report – work with store managers
- Ad hoc critical path reporting for CEO and Head of Retail for new projects
Key success measures for this role:
- Timely response and availability for Retail and Operations teams.
- Collaboration across teams to ensure best in class retail operations and customer experience.
- Execution on new store openings and existing store maintenance to the highest standard.
- Collaboration with Head of Retail and other departments to ensure brand strategy and priorities are reflected in Retail.
- Development of a Retail Operations Manual.
- Send your CV to email@example.com along with a cover letter in the body of the email.
- Please indicate in subject of email 'Retail Operations Manager - [your name]'
- Short listed candidates will be contacted within a week of application for interviews.
- Must be able to regularly commute to our London office, stores and other locations in the UK
- Flexibility in role responsibilities required to support business growth
Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Suite