Retail Regional Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: Retail Regional Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: 70% Field-based with 30% Head Office
“We are more than just a jewellery brand, we are a movement on a mission to revolutionise the jewellery experience.”
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality, and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We revolutionise through experience, innovation, empowerment, and integrity. We’re a playground for jewellery lovers and are continuously innovating with sustainability at our core as we continue to grow.
We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
About this role:
This is a maternity cover position for our Regional Manager supporting all our beautiful stores to deliver the most memorable and engaging experience on the high street. You will work closely with the Area Manager and Store Managers to bring out the best in our store teams, maximising sales and profitability across the store portfolio, paying particular attention to the store experience and operational standards.
Key pillars of the role
- As our values champion and brand ambassador you will be an inspiring role model for all our Store Teams helping embed and nurture our values to bring out the best in our teams.
- Adopt an upside-down management approach with coaching at the forefront, frequent 1o1s and thorough development plans mapped out.
- Motivate your team with regular meetings, excellent communication and frequent feedback and recognition.
- Drive growth and development in your area manager and all store teams to set them up for progression and future success.
- Consistently achieve monthly sales target and KPIs of each store by engaging managers and their teams to understand their role and impact.
- Maximise profitability through efficient budgeting and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Analyse daily and weekly sales results and maintain ongoing dialogue with managers on sales performance, implementing quick actions where required.
- Collate weekly trade results to share with the retail team, keeping them informed about key initiatives and wider business updates.
- Develop the retail business strategy with the HOR implementing new ideas and operational processes to achieve business goals and drive sales and profitability.
- Support the HOR with regular competitor analysis to ensure A&M stores continue to strive for excellence.
- Ensure the customer is at the heart of all commercial and operational decisions.
- Inspire and lead the Retail team to ensure exceptional standards are established and maintained in all areas, nurturing and developing a culture of exceptional service through leading by example, observation and coaching.
- Support managers in building brand loyalty by promoting our CRM scheme, hosting events, and engaging with local communities.
- Resolve any escalated customer issues professionally, and encourage managers to effectively handle complaints.
- Support the wider business to create, develop and implement the best in practise operational standards.
- Ensure store shrinkage and stock loss meet company standards and that any poor results are addressed with the relevant SMs and AMs, through company policies and procedures.
- Ensure excellent standards are maintained throughout all areas of the stores, including shop floor, visual merchandising, back of house and piercing studios.
- Work closely with the Merchandising team to implement effective stock management practices, minimise stock loss, and conduct bi-annual stock takes.
- Ensure stores adhere to Health and Safety standards, addressing any issues promptly.
- Partner with departments across the business, building positive and effective relationships
- Support the implementation of the retail divisional strategy, collaborating with key departments to deliver results
- Communicate in considered and structured ways to make sure all business stakeholders are aware and are supportive
Who you are:
- Our values resonate strongly with you personally
- A self starter with a natural entrepreneurial spirit, quick to solve problems and unafraid to break what’s not broken in order to elevate your work
- You have a naturally curious approach and know how to ask the right questions to solve problems
- High on empathy and emotional intelligence you have an effortless ability to read people and understand every perspective
- Flexible and resilient you are fully comfortable navigating through a start-up culture with fast growth
- Inspirational leadership and management skills with the ability to coach and develop a team
- Previous experience of managing Area Managers preferred
- Highly organised with the ability to delegate
- Product allowance
We have lots of wonderful perks but we really believe the best part about working for us is being surrounded by amazing people that share our passion for our mission and values, and having the freedom to be fully empowered to flourish and be your best self.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject of the email. Please note that applications without a covering letter can unfortunately not be considered. We aim to get back to all applications within 14 days.