Jewellery & Accessories Designer
Job Title: Jewellery Designer
Location: Head Office
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
About this role
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Designer who is ahead of the curve when it comes to Jewellery design and development, to join our Buying and Product Development division.
Position purpose and expectations
The Designer will support the rapid growth of the brand and assist in the strategic execution of the overall buying strategy, driving product performance through considered, innovative and commercially sound design. The sole, in house Designer will report to the Senior Product Manager.
- Design market leading collections from concept to final product that exceed Astrid and Miyu’s customer expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach
- Utilise skills across design software to prepare and provide detailed product specification packs
Manage the design process in line with the critical path, providing feedback to internal teams and suppliers throughout thesampling stages
- Expand on briefs from the SPM and provide creative output updates on a weekly basis
- Support the design and technical development of the jewellery offer and its range plan, as well as collaborative design projects
- Assist the Senior Product Manager in delivering the design strategy for each season
- Build lasting relationships with all suppliers, maintaining clear communication to ensure key deliverables are met
- Collaborate with suppliers on construction, details and artworks
- Design and develop products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices considering cost and quality at every point
- Research and identify emerging trends in construction, components and materials to drive the product offer
- Travel for directional and comparative trend and product concepts (once travel is permitted)
- Present with impact in Trade meetings, Buy Sign Offs and post range reviews as required
- Collaborate with our merchandisers and creative teams across the full product lifecycle
**Other duties and special projects within skill and competency level as required
- 3+ years of Jewellery Design and Product Development experience
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Astrid and Miyu brand and what we represent
- Strong trend and market awareness
- Strong commercial handwriting and understanding of the Astrid and Miyu Brand and Customer
- Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills as well as ease of hand drawing
- Rhino software and experience with 3D printing an advantage
- Meticulous eye for detail throughout the design life cycle
- Desire to understand and develop the strategic direction of the business
- Strong organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Comfortable to build relationships at all levels with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise discretion
- Positive team player
- Articulate and clear communicator
- Product allowance
- Summer hours
- Flexi hours
- Loyalty perks (for long service)
- Send your CV, portfolio & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along a cover letter and a portfolio of your work, and a response to the below questions.
Please indicate in subject of email ‘Senior Design Associate – [your name]’.
- Please answer the following questions and submit these as part of your application:
- Why Astrid and Miyu?
- Please list three key jewellery trends for A/W
- Please list three key Market trends
- Where do you seek inspiration and why?
- How do you motivate your team?
- How would your colleagues describe you in three words?