Senior Operations Manager
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
Location: Head Office, London
“We are more than just a jewellery brand, we are a movement on a mission to revolutionise the jewellery experience.”
Our vision is to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. We are more than just a jewellery brand. We are a movement. Empowering people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality, and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We revolutionise through experience, innovation, empowerment, and integrity. We’re a playground for jewellery lovers and are continuously innovating with sustainability at our core as we continue to grow.
We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
Or visit our instagram @astridandmiyu
The Senior Operations Manager is a brand new role at Astrid & Miyu to lead the company’s omnichannel distribution and fulfilment operations, delivering best-in-class operational performance. This role is responsible for translating short, medium and long term business goals into operational plans, and proactively addressing risks and opportunities. The Head of Operations ensures KPIs are met or exceeded, and builds a strong culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement. This role plays a critical part in developing and executing global expansion plans, and is a key business partner and collaborator to cross functional peers.
- Review, manage and lead initiatives for the movement of goods throughout the business and ensure cost and carbon efficiency (bonded warehouse, fulfil from store + click & collect, warehouse locations, dropship, JIT supply chain)
- Implement adequate controls across operations to ensure best practices and adequate governance on product handling
- Build out and develop an Operations team to support a scaling multinational business
- Develop & oversee KPIs for Operations team
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability and continuous improvement
- Oversee budget management including warehouse labour, supplies, retail maintenance and repair, and third-party contracts
- Deliver against the strategic roadmap to evolve operations into a world class function
- Operations lead for the implementation and ongoing development of ERP software
- Support new store launches through licencing, health & safety and procurement
- Work with the Product Director to build and execute a sustainability strategy and to achieve and build on B Corp status
- Be the point of contact between the business and law firm for commercial & property contracts
- Support international business expansion
- Manage the 3rd party IT support service
- Ensure development and compliance with all insurance policies of operations facilities
- Oversee and lead negotiation with carriers
- 7+ years’ experience in Operations in a fast-growing jewellery, fashion or lifestyle industry
- Has previously led and overseen inventory control within a high-volume seasonally-driven business
- DTC, Omni-channel & international experience
- Has strong operational planning and risk management capabilities
- Experience of operating in multiple ERP and WMS environments
- Experienced in change management
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise discretion
- Strong communication skills
Who you are:
- You are our values and brand ambassador, high on emotional intelligence with a naturally humble approach
- An excellent communicator you effortlessly inspire and coach others to find and be their best self
- Positive team player with strong stakeholder management stills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Product allowance
- Flexi working
- Extra holidays etc...
We have lots of wonderful perks but we really believe the best part about working for us is being surrounded by amazing people that share our passion for our mission and values, and having the freedom to be fully empowered to flourish and be your best self.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject of the email. Please note that applications without a covering letter can unfortunately not be considered. We aim to get back to all applications within 14 days.