This privacy notice sets out the ways in which we, Astrid & Miyu, collect and use your personal data in connection with our business. It also explains what rights you have to access or change your personal data. Our website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or maintain the personal information of children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access our website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete the personal information of persons under the age of 18. This does not apply to piercing consent forms.
We collect personal information about you in order to provide a personalised experience catered to you. This also allows us to alert you to administrational, product or service changes, and for marketing purposes.
Information that you provide us:
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
• make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint over the phone, by email or on our website;
• submit correspondence to us by post, email or via our website;
• order products or services from our website;
• create an account to use the website;
• update your profile and other account details including your address book;
• subscribe to our newsletter and mailing lists;
• subscribe to receive our catalogue;
• fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, participate in promotions or use any other features of the website;
• participate in our loyalty programme (online and in store);
• participate in the Astrid & Miyu affiliate programme;
• register to and/or attend our events;
• submit a CV or application to a job vacancy or attend an interview or assessment for a job vacancy
• ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.
• fill in a consent form during an ear piercing consultation; this is taken as a legal requirement from local council and our insurers.
• copies of formal ID to provide proof of age for any persons under the age of 18 wishing to get pierced; this is stored securely for two years as a legal requirement
We use your information for the following purposes:
• To provide access to our website: in a manner convenient and optimal for you and with personalised content relevant to you;
• To register your account: we will use the details provided on your account registration form, or Facebook if you choose Facebook Login for the purposes of setting up your account;
• To enable you to place orders and to process and facilitate transactions with us;
• User and customer support: to provide customer service and support, to offer a live chat support service to our customers, and to deal with enquiries or complaints about the website and share your information with our website developer, IT support provider, payment services providers, marketing services providers and customer support service provider as necessary to provide customer support;
• Prize draws, competitions and surveys: to enable you to take part in prize draws, competitions and surveys;
• Marketing: to keep in contact with you about our news, events, new website features products or services that we believe may interest you, provided that we have the requisite permission to do so;
• Loyalty programme: to operate a loyalty programme, including rewarding points for referrals, newsletter subscriptions and your purchases;
• Advertising: to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to;
• Social media interactions: to interact with users on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, for example, responding to comments and messages, posting, ‘retweeting’ and ‘liking’ posts;
• Analytics: to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
• Suggestions and recommendations: to share your information with selected third parties (where we have your consent to do so);
• Research: to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users);
• Fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
• Compliance with policies, procedures and laws: to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights.
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Rights” below.
Piercing and tattooing consent:
As an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement, we will share your personal information when relevant with third parties. If you would like to know more about the third parties we share your information with please contact us.
Our website is connected to Google Analytics to help improve the experience when shopping on our site and no personal data is shared on this platform.
We may share your details with other carefully selected retail companies and charities who we feel may be of interest to you We will share your data with our CRM email marketing platform and our loyalty program. We also work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 01908 522455, write to us at our address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish us to share this information please tick the appropriate box when ordering or to update this preference at any time email us at email@example.com.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
• strictly necessary cookies - these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features and enable services you have specifically asked for.
• performance cookies - these collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, by recording which pages users go to most often (usually on an anonymous basis);
• functionality cookies - these cookies allow a website to remember the choices a user makes, such as a user name or language preference to improve your experience.
• targeting or advertising cookies - these collect information about a user's browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. This is in order to make advertising relevant to you or your interest.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
and https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please not that by blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We operate a policy of “privacy by design” by looking for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it. If you would like to know more about how we protect your privacy and how long we keep it for please contact us.
You can also play a part in keeping your information safe by:
• choosing a strong account password and changing it regularly;
• using different passwords for different online accounts;
• keeping your login and password confidential and avoiding sharing these details with others;
• making sure you log out of the website each time you have finished using it. This is particularly important when using a shared computer;
• letting us know if you know or suspect that your account has been compromised, or if someone has accessed your account without your permission;
• keeping your devices protected by using the latest version of your operating system and maintaining any necessary anti-virus software; and being vigilant to any fraudulent emails that may appear to be from us. Any emails that we send will come from an email address ending in ‘@astridandmiyu.com e.g. @astridandmiyu.com’. • we have a SSL certificate..
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
• the right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information, as we seek to do in this Privacy Notice;
• the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
• the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
• the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
• in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop processing information about you; and
• the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office :
• in addition to your right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office , you will also be able to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in your country of work or residence;
• the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent, which you can do by contacting us;
• the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests when there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
• the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
How to exercise your rights You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using the details in paragraph 2 of this Privacy Notice, or in the case of preventing processing for marketing activities also by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved in marketing or by updating your marketing preferences via your account with us. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our own record-keeping and research purposes. We may also need to send you service-related communications relating to your website user account even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site, or notify you of any material changes by e-mail.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us by updating your profile account information or contacting us via the contact details at the top of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 25 January 2019. Version C 1.3